*This is a volunteer position.
The 2023-2024 President Elect is responsible, in partnership with the current President and other Board officers as well as the Executive Director, for leading the Detroit Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA Detroit) and representing the marketing profession in Metro Detroit through the implementation of the AMA Detroit strategic plan and ensuring the organization and Board performs its fiduciary, strategic and policy responsibilities in accordance with the guidelines of the American Marketing Association (AMA).
It is expected that the President-Elect will join the leadership team for two and half years and will devote time to learning and preparing prior to becoming President.
AMA Detroit Presidency Timeline:
- President Elect: 6 months
- President: 1 year
- Past President: 1 year
Lead Board Members and communicate direction and decisions to AMA Detroit members.
Serve as liaison between our local chapter and AMA national including the implementation of best practices. Connect with other chapter leadership locally and nationally through the American Marketing Association.
- Prepare & Participate
- Set Direction
- Ensure Resources
- Provide Oversight
- People Management
- Fulfill Leadership Team responsibilities which include regularly scheduled board meetings and attention to time sensitive materials
- Set the Board meeting agendas
- Effectively chair Board meetings as President which includes preparation time for conference calls and/or meetings. President-Elect can step into the chair role, if necessary, upon any President’s absence
- Lead the Board by modeling appropriate behavior and guiding others
- Member of the American Marketing Association
- Background in marketing
- Leadership experience in a professional or volunteer role
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior as a representative of AMA Detroit
- Previous board experience, helpful, but not required
- Previous volunteer experience, helpful, but not required
Recommended Skill Sets
- People Management
- Business Management
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Budget Management
Candidates should send an email expressing interest to [email protected] with 2023-2024 AMA Detroit President in the subject heading. This position will remain open until filled.
AMA Detroit is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service.